Here’s why you should love your body:
1. If you don’t love your own body, how can you expect anyone else to?
Isn’t it being a bit of a hypocrite to expect someone else to love your body if you don’t?
I’m not saying that someone else won’t love it anyway, but I’m just saying it makes it harder.
Perhaps you don’t expect anyone else to love it. Well, then, you need to change that mentality!
We are all worthy of love and affection, and you are just as deserving as anyone else.
Try to love yourself as much as you love them!
2. If not now, then when?
If you don’t like yourself now, you’re not going to like a skinnier version of you. That’s because it will still be the same you… only smaller.
But if you love yourself right now, you’ll be more inclined to do the things you need to do… to get the body you want.
Hating your body won’t make you thin and being thin won’t make you stop hating your body.
Loving your body only when it’s in perfect shape is like loving your kids only when they’re well-behaved.
Start loving your body now!
3. It’s harder to have incredible sex if you don’t love your body.
When you are comfortable in your own skin, then you can focus on the pleasure, and not on how you look in bed.
Great sex happens when you get out of your head and into your body.
A lack of body confidence gets between you and a happy sex life.
The best sex is uninhibited.
Turn the lights ON and don’t hold back!
4. Body confidence is sexy.
Men are attracted to self-confidence and a woman who loves her own body.
Your worth isn’t decided by your waist size. It is determined by you!
You may have goals to lose weight or get into better shape, and that’s great, but remember:
“Be happy with what you have while working for what you want.” ~ Helen Keller.
5. This is the only body you get and the only place you have to live.
Your body works 24/7 to keep you alive. If you think about all that your body does for you, isn’t it considerate to at least appreciate it?
Be proud of your body.
Your health is not determined by your size, it is determined by your lifestyle and nutrition. You have control over that.
Love your body and yourself enough to take care of it.
Eat right and exercise because you love your body, not because you hate it!
6. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Who says that you don’t have the “perfect” body right now?
Maybe you do.
Guaranteed there’s someone else that wants the body that you have.
The parts of your body that you don’t like, are the same parts that another person does like.
Maybe you have beautiful breasts? Maybe you have gorgeous legs? Perhaps you have a fantastic ass?
Everyone has at least some part of their body that they like.
Embrace what you’ve got.
7. Self-love shows self-respect.
If you treat yourself with respect, so will others. If you love yourself, so will others.
Having a loving attitude towards your body isn’t about everyone else loving your body. It’s about loving your body enough that it doesn’t matter if others don’t.
Don’t let anyone determine how you feel about your body. Respect yourself and love your body!
8. You will be less judgmental of others.
Idolizing someone else’s “dream body” won’t make you happy, and neither will judging it.
When you are happy in your own skin, you will be able to admire someone else’s beauty without questioning yours.
Women need to support each other.
Do your part and be happy for yourself and for others!
9. Perhaps you’re tired of hating your own body?
Hate is a very draining emotion. In fact, it’s exhausting.
Culture and society teach us to hate our bodies. Businesses want us to hate our bodies.
Don’t let them profit from the unhappiness that they created.
Be a rebel and love your body!
10. Because today’s “perfect” woman is neither real nor attainable.
We live in a digital world. Every picture you see has most likely been photoshopped.
Even models don’t look as good in real life as they do in a magazine. That’s not to say that they don’t look great, but they don’t represent the majority.
It’s a full-time job to be a supermodel. They must constantly keep on top of their appearance. And that, my friends, is exhausting!
And as fabulous as they are, they are criticized for the slightest flaw.
Just be you. It’s easier.
5 Quick tips on how to start loving your body right now:
1)Move your body. Endorphins are a wonderful thing. You feel better when you move your body. Start moving it now.
2) Stop the negative self-talk. Shut down the voices in your head that tell you that you aren’t beautiful and start telling yourself that you are. Hating your body won’t ever get you as far as loving it will.
3) Get some sexy lingerie or some new clothes. Granny panties or ill-fitting clothes aren’t going to do anything for your body or your self-esteem. Beautiful lingerie can help you to feel sexier.
4) Remove yourself from the haters. Those people who criticize and judge you… get away from them. Find new friends. If it’s your family, spend less time with them. Surround yourself only with those that love you for who you are and not for what you look like or what you could look like.
5) Do some yoga. Yoga helps you to get in touch with your body and be more present… in the here and now. When we can do that, we are better able to appreciate what we do have.
Photo Credit: istock.com/Christopher Bernard